When we asked Megan if she had ziplined anywhere except Branson Zipline at Wolfe Creek Preserve, she replied “just Alaska!” Though most people know Alaska only from stunning pictures of scenery, Megan had the opportunity to grow up there! And while her Alaskan roots make her unique, so does another aspect of her first experience ziplining: the fact that she ziplined as part of a summer leadership camp for Air Force JROTC.
You might be wondering how Megan landed at Branson Zipline since she’s originally from Alaska. We’re proud of Megan because she just graduated from Drury University in Springfield, Missouri, a place she now calls home. She graduated with a degree in theater and her effervescent personality as a guide certainly shows she’ll succeed in whatever career path she chooses. When we asked Megan to describe herself in three words, she chose “enthusiastic, excitable, and I’ve been told I’m spunky and just a little bit silly!” We love having Megan here as a guide because of her energy and her love of welcoming new guests each day. We asked Megan a few questions to get to know her a little bit better:
1. Other than ziplining, what outdoor activities do you enjoy? I play the sport of laying outside and eating food! I love taking walks and hiking.
2. What’s your favorite time of year to zip and why? May! The weather is finally getting warm but it’s not a heat wave yet!
3. Do you have any favorite quotes or sayings? “There is power in looking silly and not caring that you do.”-Amy Poehler
4. What made you want to work for Branson Zipline? I love to be outside, I love meeting new people, and I love that every day here is an adventure!
5. Any fun facts about yourself? I grew up in Alaska, I hope to be an actor one day, and I love puppies, weddings, theatre, movies, and I love to laugh!
Megan’s diverse set of interests, limitless energy, and contagious smile are all reasons that we treasure her as a guide. When we asked if there were any special zipline memories that stood out from her time as a guide, she said “it’s hard to say. Every tour is fun because I have the pleasure of getting to know our guests!” To make Megan’s day, be sure to make a reservation to come visit us here at Wolfe Creek Preserve. We offer a wide variety of tour-lengths at various times so check out our website if you’d like more details. If you’re hesitant at all to zipline, we love what advice Megan offers guests: “If you’re scared, just smile and close your eyes and go! Just doing it will be a great release and you can open your eyes whenever you’re ready! Just go for it!” Make Megan’s day (and yours!) by joining us on any one of our world-class eco-adventures sometime soon! We can’t wait to welcome you to Wolfe Creek Preserve.