The first time Dustin Murtaugh ziplined was at a summer camp in Branson when he was 10 years old, which means he’s been ziplining for almost twenty years! He joined our team when we first opened in 2010, so he’s extremely knowledgeable about ziplining in general and about our beautiful facility here at Wolfe Creek Preserve. Not only is he experienced in ziplining, but he’s also an expert outdoorsman. When he’s not guiding guests through our world-renowned zipline course, you can find Dustin rock climbing, backpacking, mountain biking, slacklining, or kayaking! His enthusiasm for adventurous outdoor excursions make him an exceptional addition to our team here at Wolfe Creek Preserve.
Because he’s been ziplining and guiding guests exceptionally for such a long time, he was recently promoted to upper management along with Julie Krisch. These two work together to keep everything running smoothly for the tours and operations at our facility, which is a huge task! Some of Dustin and Julie’s tasks as Operations managers include overseeing day to day operations, handling customer service questions and concerns, creating the employee schedule, hiring and training employees, and ensuring that each guest leaves with the memory of a world-class outdoor experience! We are so grateful to have two individuals as passionate and capable of taking the best care of our guests and providing the more incredible outdoor adventures on our team here!
We asked Dustin a few questions to get to know more about his diverse set of interests and fun outlook on life:
1. If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be? How about the same word 3 different ways… easy going, outgoing, and not going anywhere!
2. What’s your favorite part about working for Branson Zipline? Meeting interesting people from all around the country.
3. What’s your favorite season to zip and why? I love ziplining in the fall because in both seasons the dogwoods are in bloom. Also in the spring and fall, foliage is great and the weather is perfect.
4. Any advice for people ziplining for the first time? Don’t overthink it. Just go for it.
5. Any fun facts about yourself? I spent the last 7 years as an audio engineer for country music hall of fame musician, Roy Clark.
Dustin’s eclectic set of interests include music, guitar, photography, art, and travel. Though he’s developed this unique set of hobbies during his life, he’s always loved the outdoors, a trait that he says makes his job at Branson Zipline the most rewarding. He told us that he loves working outside with people that have the same interests as he does. We love his enthusiasm for such a variety of interests, but especially his love of the outdoors, since we work hard to preserve the beautiful property our zipline is situated on so that thousands of guests can experience the natural beauty of the Ozarks. To immerse yourself in an incredible outdoor adventure with Dustin, be sure to sign up for a tour on the zipline tours page of our website! We hope to see you soon!