Our resident foodie Ciara Shroyer knows the recipe of what it takes to be an exceptional member of our team. She’s outgoing, vivacious, knowledgeable about how to guide tours and work in the office, and always has a smile and a helpful word for customers and co-workers alike. Not only does Ciara possess the ingredients necessary to be an integral part of our Branson Zipline team, but she’s also familiar with the ingredients needed to make the most delicious treats! Prior to joining our Branson Zipline team, Ciara graduated from the Art Institute of Houston with a Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Management. Despite Ciara’s love for food, she says that she “hates broccoli with the fiery passion of 1000 suns!” After spending seven years in the restaurant industry Ciara was ready for a move and a change, which brought her to Missouri and Branson Zipline! Fellow staff members have really enjoyed all of the treats she’s brought in for them upon request!
We’re so happy that Ciara joined us this season at Branson Zipline because she excels in the office and as a guide! She says that she loves both roles, explaining that “in the office you get to talk to people about all of the exciting tours and as a guide you get to help them conquer fears!” We asked Ciara a few more questions to learn more about her.
1. Where are you from? I was born in California but lived most of my life in Houston, TX.
2. Do you have any favorite quotes? Women who behave rarely make history!
3. Other than ziplining, do you enjoy any outdoor activities? Does excessive shopping in an outdoor mall count? I’d probably bring my beagle Micah along for exercise!
4. What’s your favorite season to zip? I love spring because the weather is perfect, not too hot or cold and sometimes there’s a light sprinkle of rain. It’s awesome!
5. What other hobbies or interests do you have? I love soaking up the sun while on the water, enjoying the company of family and friends, loud music, and cooking up a storm of delicious food not on my parents’ diet.
Chances are, if you visit Wolfe Creek Preserve, you’ll have the opportunity to meet Ciara when you check-in for your tour or out on our beautiful zipline tour! Her advice to guests is to “go big or go home!” She suggests signing up for the Canopy Adventure Combo Tour because you get the chance to soar on all eight zip lines, trek across 10 suspension bridges, and experience the Blue Streak Fast Line and Freefall Xpress, an exhilarating component of the tour package that culminates in a 100-foot simulated free-fall! We suggest that you take Ciara’s advice and fully immerse yourself in the outdoors and adventure when you come visit us! Check out our website for more tour details and times!