Wolfe Creek Wednesday: The Ride of a Lifetime

This post is a part of a series on our blog called “Wolfe Creek Wednesday”. Each Wednesday, we’ll be posting a fun fact, story, or a newsworthy piece of information about Wolfe Creek Preserve that we think you’ll find interesting! Although we’re best known for our world-class zipline course, our beautiful facility is also home to an array of indoor and outdoor activities, rich history, and a natural setting that we take great care to protect. We’re excited to have you join us each Wednesday so we can share more about our mission to make Wolfe Creek Preserve a place where people of all ages can have fun adventures and make lasting memories with loved ones!

Pinzgauers on the Preserve
Think that ziplining at Wolfe Creek Preserve is the most exciting ride you’ll experience when you visit us? You might be surprised by how much you’ll love the ride to the top of Wolfe Mountain in one of our rugged six-wheeled off-road Pinzgauer Swiss Military Troop Carriers. Whether you’re ziplining or embarking on a relaxing hike through nature, one of our certified drivers will drive you to your take off point in a vehicle as outdoorsy as we are!

The original prototype for the Pinzgauer vehicle was created in 1969 and after perfecting the vehicle, production began in 1971. Militaries in countries across the world saw the potential in such a durable vehicle that could carry many passengers, so places such as Switzerland, Thailand, and Austria began using Pinzgauers to carry soldiers and army supplies. Pinzgauer vehicles can carry up to 2 tons, seat troops of soliders, and can climb 45 degree inclines. When we heard these statistics, we knew that these Pinzgauer vehicles would be perfect for safely transporting guests and guides to the top of Wolfe Creek Mountain to begin tours!

Rather than tiring guides and guests out by making them walk to the top of the mountain, we love the convenience and fun that the Pinzgauer vehicles bring to each tour. Guests and guides alike love winding up the mountain in such a rugged vehicle, looking out the open air windows of the vehicle at the abundance of trees whizzing past, catching glimpses of fellow zipliners soaring through the skies, and climbing higher into the Ozark skyline. Though the drive to the top of the mountain only lasts a few minutes, our Pinzgauer vehicles make the ride exciting and fun because you have the opportunity to ride in a vehicle that outdoor-enthusiasts and car-fanatics dream about! Also, you’ll be sharing the backseat with thirteen of your friends or fellow zipliners so it’s a chance to warm up for the zipline or hiking adventure that you’ll begin once you reach the top of the mountain!

All in all, the Pinzgauer ride to the top of Wolfe Mountain is an authentic adventure just like everything else at Wolfe Creek Preserve; full of fun, outdoors, and excitement! Whether you choose to zipline on our world-renowned zipline course, take a hike down Wolfe Mountain, mine for gemstones at our Ol’ Blue Mining Station, host a truly memorable party at the Prospector Pavilion, or simply kick your feet up and relax on one of our rustic but expansive observation decks, you’ll cherish the time that you get to spend with family and friends while at Wolfe Creek Preserve. We love providing unique, authentic experiences for family, friends, co-workers, teammates, and more, and our Pinzgauer vehicles are only one aspect of the incredible opportunities we offer for outdoor adventure at Wolfe Creek Preserve. Make sure that you experience a ride in one of these rugged vehicles by coming out to visit us this year! If you’re interested in booking a tour for your family and friends to come along with you and reserving one of our beautiful pavilions to spend time at after your tour, be sure you call Wes at (800) 717-0998 so that he can help you plan a customized adventure for your loved ones.

This entry was posted in Wolfe Creek Wednesdays and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Wolfe Creek Wednesday: The Ride of a Lifetime

1. T says:

My family would love this.

2. David says:

The Pinzgauer looks like a lot of fun, I can’t wait to ride in it when I visit this summer.

3. jenny! says:

This was soo much fun! cant wait to go zipping again!!!

4. Billy says:

First, I have to note that I am retired military so I’ve been in numerous army and troop transport vehicles. As a former driver myself, 88M for ten years,I thought the thrill of riding in one of these Pinzgauers might be all hype; it was not! I learned that the drivers had to take a rigorous training course and that most of them had experience driving heavy equipment themselves. When we took off up the hill the anticipation of ziplining quickly fleeted from me as I held on tight and listened to the guide tell my family about the legendary Wolfe Creek preserve. As we sped through the timberline my wife closed her eyes, while my kids laughed in sheer pleasure from the fast paced trip up Wolfe Mountian. I was quickly told by my son that this was the greatest trip ever. The excitement of the trip up the mountain was only equaled by the trip zipping down.

What a great experience. I’d suggest the Pinzgauer ride to any thrill seeker and adrenalin junkie out there. What a ride up, what a ride down.

We will be back for sure.

Billy

Zip-on!

5. Tom says:

Ive been a little worried about zipling myself. My wife though she had to do it when we got to branson. She saw the zipline from the highway. Well when we got there I told her no and then I found out I could walk the trail and follow her when she zipped down. A guy name Dan took me on the walking trail and we followed her down the Mountain. I was worried that I was going to have to walk up the mountain or something but the nice girl in the office Brooke told me I would ride up in a Swiss army vehicle. I never been in one so I was looking forward to it. Well I don’t know about how much fun the zipline was but that trip up the mountain was something. I grabbed on to my wife and that driver tore up the mountain, I was worried but excited when we got to the top of the mountain I had to catch my breath. I’d pay for that ride any day. You will love it.

Tom

6. Wendy says:

I got to confess that trip up the hill was crazy. I just laughed the whole time. It was bumpy, and fast, and crazy but the guides told us to hang on we did. My sons told me it was the best part but for me it was just as good as the zipline. The pinz was an old army car I want to try to buy one some day. It had 6 wheels and we were loaded down but my my it was sure somethin. You need to check it out if you never been in one. Wendy

7. Clark says:

These vehicles are something else! The swiss army vehicle we rode up in was packed full and with a very expeienced drive had no trouble makeing it up the steep and curvy mountain side. I could have just hung out in the swiss army vehicle all day even tho the ride was a bit bumpy. The zipping down the mountian side was very enjoyable as well!

Clark

8. mfoysal says:

The hill was crazy trip up that got accepted. I laughed the whole time. It’s bumpy, and fast, and it was crazy, but the guide told us we have to do to hang on, it was good as a zipline.

9. Tammy says:

This swiss army vehicle is like nothing else and if you haven’t taking a ride in this vehicle you need too…